WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Learn skills you need to help yourself and others until help arrives.
- Check on your neighbors, when it is safe to do so.
- Your neighbor may have to rely on you during an emergency or you may need to rely on them.
- Talk to your utility companies about how to safely shut off your utilities.
- Find out and mark where your shut-off valves are for water/gas/electricity.
- Get involved in your community, volunteers are always needed. There are always opportunities and ways to help others.
- Take the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training when it is offered.
- In case of a life threatening emergency, it is ok to move an injured person away from the ongoing danger.
- Look for ways that you can help prepare your neighborhood in case of a disaster.